From: Chris Bennett [mailto:scirocco16vr32@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 12:39 AM
To: Mark F.
Cc: scirocco-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: OT: Vista and my printer

I was getting bubblejet printers (HP's) at Walmart for $30 a pop.  When they
ran out of ink I would get a new one as it came with a new cartridge and it
was cheaper than the individual cartridges.

Just a suggestion.

I have had mixed experience with Lexmark.  I prefer HP for printers anyway.
Their computers are not scottish and therefore are CRRRRRRRAP!!!

1 am... finally made it to my room in Toronto.  Grrr.  18 hours of travel
and four hours of sleep.  I should be a ray of friggin sunshine tommorow.

On 6/5/07, Mark F. <mk1mark@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Cathy,
>
> I usually try to get drivers/software from the manufacturer to avoid
> any possible malware...
>
> Try this link:
>
> <

http://www.lexmark.com/lexmark/sequentialem/home/0,6959,204816596_652569478_
0_en,00.html

> HTH,
>
> Mark.
> 75
> 82
> 82 Caddy
> 91 Jetta Coupe
>

> On 6/5/07, C Boyko <roccit_53@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Yeah, hi, my name is Cathy. I live in technology hell. Yeah, so I got
> > myself a new laptop (which, BTW, will send my finances into a big
> tailspin,
> > but I digress), because my USB port is just not working on my other one
> > ands it's ancient anyway. Which means I cannot print. And that's a real
> > issue for a teacher.
> > So, here I am on my new one and I'm one of the lucky ground zero Vista
> > users. So I installed my printer driver, which I'm sure isn't Vista
> > friendly. And my printer semi-communicates. As does WP12. So I have to
> > remove WP 12 now (it types but refuses to save). So that leaves me with
> > trial version of Word, which I have used half of my trials on trying to
> get
> > the printer to work.
> > Like all things electronic in my life the printer is pretty much a piece
> of
> > shit anyway, but I'd like to know where's a safe place to DL an update.
> All
> > the google matches tell me they'll DL something that looks iffy, it
> offers
> > to "analyse my computer's needs", sounds mal to me. "just open the
> door".
> > This is a Lexmark 1200 if that's any help. I'm wasting SO much time
> here,
> > but I'd just as soon keep the Vista, since sooner or later I'll be faced
> > with it at work anyway, may as well learn it. I just want to print a
> > fucking document or two. That should not be too much to ask. I'm just so
> > much not wanting to play here, I just want it to work. Intuitive is not
> > word that applies so far.....
> > cathy

80 Scirocco Callaway Indiana Red
87 Scirocco 16v Tornado Red