Multiple Questions.....

On the 85 8v:
1) I replaced the burned FP relay with a wire, fuse and switch. The heavy wire does get real hot. Is the FP on the way out?

2) The door handle on the MKII is hard to remove. I got the screw out but the handle does not slide. Any suggestions?

On the MKI 16v
1) the motor is not generating a vac on crank, once it starts top spin it moves really fast. I am going to check compression tonight. Could the vales be hung up? If so, whats the remedy.

2) I got a set of rear disks from a MKII 16v for the MKI. I cant seem to get the calipers to retract into the housings. Are they toast?

Well thats enough for Friday. Its going to be a busy weekend with the cars again.....