MK I electrical corrosion

T,

  I've not used the Jelly in this case, If it were me, I would go with the oil first.  Less messy, and it cleans the contacts as well as protects them...

And FTR, I did not notice the smell until I really got to rooting around the fuseblock and smelled my hand.  Yes, I have cats, why do you ask?  :P

David