Tirerack and Scirocco's with link

Don wrote:
> > Any of these 15 reviewers belong to the list?

and

> http://www.tirerack.com/survey/SurveyCommentsMMY.jsp?autoMake=Volkswag
> en&autoModel=Scirocco&autoYear=1986&autoModClar=&commentStatus=P&addit
> ionalComments=Y&index=0

Dave Responded:
> None of those are my reviews, but i can tell you that the
> review for the Dunlop SP 8000 is Getty. Only Scirocco owner
> I know from Philly that has *driven* is Rocc to the artic
> circle. I have seen the guy from Ljubljana, Lj on the tex
> with quite a few posts, although I don't remember his vortex
> name at the moment. Not sure about the others, but most of the
> cities look familiar as to having listers there.  The only city
> I did not recognize was Palymer, Pa.

Yeah, I wrote the review of the SP 8000. Amazing tire. Peter will probably
concur with my review of this tire. I really should buy another set of these
ASAP. It's late July and I'm still driving my Nokian Hakkapeliittas (also an
amazing tire)!

SP 8000s are on my car here <http://getty.net/Atigun_Pass.jpg> at the base
of the 4700 foot Atigun Pass, 130 miles north of the artic circle
<http://getty.net/Artic_Circle.jpg> and 170 miles south of the Artic Ocean
(no pictures, I never made it). I completely forgot that the SP 8000 is only
a city tire and not an all season, this is why I was not able to make it
over the steep snowy pass. :-( Next time I'll take snows, maybe even chains.

Ljubljana = Slovenia (not as crazy exotic as it sounds, only ~40 miles from
the Italian border).

There is no such town as Palmyer, PA. A typo? There is a Palmyra, PA near
Hershey, PA. There is no such town as Emmasu, PA either. There is an Emmaus,
PA near Allentown and about an hour from Palmyra, PA. Maybe the same bad
typing guy? No, not Jonas, he still lives in Maryland and has not had a VW
in years.

Back to tires, SP 8000s are the best summer tires I've ever owned. Nokian
Hakkapeliittas are the best winter tires I've ever owned.

Off to Waterfest....

-Marc

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
'83 VW Scirocco California Edition