From: "Allyn" <amalventano1@xxxxxxx>
To: <scirocco-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2007 3:18 PM
Subject: NEED HELP ASAP! - calling all VR6 gurus

> OK,
>
> So I picked up a 97 GLX VR6 Passat in PA.  Flew out there to drive home.
Stopped at my cousins in Pittsburg last night.  Check
> engine light came on during hard rain about 20 mins from their house, but
had no impact on drivability.  This morning - no start.
> Cranks fine, but no spark.  Did some troubleshooting (with their limited
house tools, ugh).  With some creative mcgyver stype
> jumpering, I bench test the coil pack (works).  So the fault lies
somewhere before the coil pack (not getting signal).  I've checked
> all under-dash fuses and all harness connections I could easily get to,
including the computer (rain tray).  Everything seems fine.

> Anyhow, I have no technical background with the VR6 and cant find
schematics anywhere online.  Has anyone troubleshot these at all?
> I'm basically stuck about 14 hours from home because of some (likely)
minor issue that's preventing spark trigger.  I basically need