NEED HELP ASAP! - calling all VR6 gurus (SOLVED/FIXED!)

And the crank sensor was the culpret!

Turns out Pittsburgh has a kick-ass VW crowd.  Including our buddy Armond (who showed up 2 Cincys ago in the complete restore red
16v).  Armond took me to the local VW guru, who had no less than 20 dubbs in and around his shop, and a VR6 sitting on a crate out
front.  He yanked the needed sensors off and generously donated them to get me home.

More to follow (14 hour drive tomorrow - I'll post again on Sunday).

Thanks to those who threw suggestions out there, and super crazy thanks to Armond.

Al