From: Lexan Blanchard <lexan_122874@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: scirocco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: scirocco-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2007 7:37:18 AM
Subject: Re: OT: Looking for a new(er) ride

OK, so here is where we are with suggestions...

Jetta:  nope kids, too predictable and 4-door :(  I really think these (and
Passats) are the some of the ugliest cars out there.  And every Marine and
his wife here drives one.

Subaru:  Forrester was recommended, and I have always thought those Bajas
are cool.  Little too pricey, and they get worse gas mileage than I
currently get in the Montero (and she is completely paid for).  I was kinda
digging this idea.

Mazda:  OK, I looked up what I rented the other week, and it was a Mazda 5.
I was so excited to see the rental car, just knew I would fall in love.  The
car SUCKED.  Seats were uncomfortable after 1 hour.  Car was extremely
squirrelly in the rain.  This rental was still new, it had less than 10K on
it.  I am sorry to say that this experience in a Mazda for 5 1/2 hours will
keep me away from their dealership.

Honda Fit:  I will actually look into this one.  I have only seen 1 here,
and it was in someone's driveway.

I don't have to worry about the roof rack system, as my Yakima round bars
and Kayak loader are going with me, I just need to make sure the roof of the
new car can handle what I am putting on top.

No love for the Rabbit or new GTI???  I will probably still humor myself and
test drive a Rabbit to see if they are any good (I love 2 doors!).  Plus, I
"built" one online last night and what I want is on about $17k, which puts
it in the same category as Old Salty's Honda Fit.

Thanks again!!!
Lexan