urethane suspension bushings?

Gordy Stedman wrote:

>>One on the local Portland import shops has the complete kit for $60.  I will purchase this for anyone that wants one you just have to pay for the shipping.  Here is a photo of the kit: http://picasaweb.google.com/ydrogs/SCIROCCOPARTS/photo#5084540012936822098
The sticker says "part number 22-2008 - Total kit rab/golf/jetta 75-84".  The salesman on the phone said he has one so I do not know if there is more than that in their inventory.  Mark has first dibs then whoever. <<

Thanks Gordy, I'll take you up on that deal.   The stories of squeaks and harshness from urethane bushings gives me some cause for concern, but I don't drive my Scirocco that much, so I should be able to keep them lubricated enough to keep 'em quiet.  When you get to be a 50 year old fart like me, squeaks and rattles are annoying.

I learned a long time ago that the quieter the car, the less attention you attract (and the more you can get away with), so I'm still looking for the quietest muffler that'll fit on a 16V, if anybody has any suggestions on that one.

Thanks to everybody for the suggestions,

Mark Langford, Huntsville, Alabama
see KR2S project N56ML at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford
email to markl "at" hiwaay.net