Finally got my build thread up on Vortex

  On 7/7/07, C Boyko <roccit_53@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  A Hacker Hellstorm for you then for
> not posting some car pics with that link...!
> Cathy

Sorry to disappoint.  I do not dable in diesel but lets see if this will
make up for it.

The 81 we have been restoring had no hatch cover so we had to make one.
Found some beige carpet and Sean bought a piece of press board.
http://picasaweb.google.com/ydrogs/81SciroccoBlack/photo#5084602981452348898
We scavenged some runners from a Cabby in the yard but they were to narrow.
Cut to length and added some curtain rod inbetween for suport.  It still
sags a little but better than nothing.  Need to keep it light since the
hatch struts are 1/2 gone.
http://picasaweb.google.com/ydrogs/81SciroccoBlack/photo#5084603080236596722
We used some injector line seperator clips for the front attachment since
original ones were gone.
http://picasaweb.google.com/ydrogs/81SciroccoBlack/photo#5084603161840975362
Needed to find something to use as the strap to raise and lower the tray.
We cut up some large zip ties and made some holes for attachment to hatch.
This worked for 2 openings till one side broke so we are going to look for
something inthe yard tomorrow.
http://picasaweb.google.com/ydrogs/81SciroccoBlack/photo#5084603230560452114
Here is how it looks from outside.  The carpet color was close to the color
of the fadded tan seat so it looks pretty good.
http://picasaweb.google.com/ydrogs/81SciroccoBlack/photo#5084603316459798050

Minty license plate cover from Peter deliverd by Chris B (who picked it up
in person at Cincy and brought home with him which the airlines almost
lost) on July 4th.  Thanks again to both of you.
http://picasaweb.google.com/ydrogs/SCIROCCOPARTS/photo#5084600670759943522

Last but not least my shitter that Chris B wanted to scuttle.
http://picasaweb.google.com/ydrogs/SCIROCCOPARTS/photo#5084600692234780018

--
Gordy
MK1 x 5