urethane suspension bushings?

www.parts4vws.com has the suspension bushings.  If you want new control
arms, ball joints that have poly bushings here is an option too:
http://store.blackforestindustries.com/bficoarwipob1.html

I put poly bushings in my car 7 years ago and now they are a bit out of
round which allows for some suspension movement.  This may have been because
I didn't apply the grease for the bushings (if I did, i forgot that I did -
I did this a looong time ago), though.  Polyurethane bushings can make some
noise as the suspension travels, especially if improperly lubricated.

I didn't notice a particularly harsher ride when I switched over, but I did
have more precision when driving the car.  Of course, the source of
comparison is my old somewhat rotted rubber bushings, so that's what I was
feeling :)