fuel n intake question

On 10:24 pm 01/25/07 "Allyn" <amalventano1@tds.net> wrote:
> If the pivot points and geometry work out the same, it would
> basically not run at all.  The mixture will be too far off.
>
> Al

First, 16Vs were CIS-E. Now that will run without input from the
"E"(lectronic) part I suppose, but it's designed to be "fine tuned" by o2
sensor input. My 8V is straight CIS, and has no o2 sensor feedback at all.
Not sure how the later 8Vs were set up, I know some were yet another
variant. Second, would the air boot even fit? It seems a shame to hack and
splice a 16V boot to see if it would work. If it's an earlier car, there is
a straight CIS "upgrade" meter that has a different taper that will work
for sure, but it's from a matching version of CIS, from an early Jetta
maybe?  I don't know that it's that huge of an upgrade though in terms of
gains. CIS will have some limitations no matter how you slice it.
Cathy