battery draining... FAST

OK, really narrowing down the field of items that would keep the car from
starting.

What are the most likely culprits of quick battery drain?  I found one bad
ground, and fixed it.  The battery is new (like, I bought it 2 weeks ago).
I leave the battery disconnected until I am ready to try a start.  I get in
and attempt to start the car for about 1 minute, 2 times 30 seconds each,
battery connected no more than 5 minutes.  Get out and disconnect the
battery.  Multimeter reading of over 13 before connection, 12.2 after trying
to start.  Help!

Also, I am pretty sure the starter has seen better days, and figure this is
a good candidate for replacement (it sounds really weak).  My problem is I
can't get the old one off the car!  I have the proper size allen wrench, and
I have sprayed PB Blaster (break-free stuff for stuck bolts and things) and
tapped, but with no avail.    I guess where the starter is located makes is
difficult to really get on it with some force with a regular allen wrench.
Any ideas?  I am going to have to pay the nice guys at the auto parts store
the core charge (they let me take the new one with a promise of returning
the old one) soon :(

Thanks!
Lexan
1982 8V

FREE online classifieds from Windows Live Expo ? buy and sell with people
you know
http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwex0010000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://expo.live.com?s_cid=Hotmail_tagline_12/06