New 1987 Scirocco 16v owner

--- Eric Singer <myturbo6@yahoo.com> wrote:

>   I've just purchased a stock 1987 Scirocco 16v about a
> week ago.  The car runs pretty good and I'd like to keep
> it that way.  I was not able to get a maintenance history
> of the car, but looks well maintained and have found very
> few issues with it.

Congrats and welcome!  The car looks pretty sweet in the
pics.

>   I've read that 16v engines require periodic timing belt
> changes, so without guessing about the age and mileage of
> the timing belt, I'll go ahead and replace it.  Is there
> a recommended brand of timing belt?

Get in touch with these folks:  www.part4vws.com.  Order up
a timing belt, and while you're at it, a passenger side
motor mount.  (You'll have to have it pressed into the
mount frame.)  Front & rear mounts are easy to change, that
wouldn't be a bad idea either.

>   Also, are there any other items I should go ahead and
> service?

Just general new-used car items.  Fluids change & flush
etc.

Oh and of course, mark your calendar for the first weekend
of June, and roadtrip to the Cincinnati area for the annual
Scirocco party.  :)

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S (Deiter)       '86 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco Slegato (Gino!)  '88 Scirocco 16v
'96 Passat GLX Wagon          '56 Cessna 172

Finding fabulous fares is fun.