New 1987 Scirocco 16v owner

Hi,

  I've just purchased a stock 1987 Scirocco 16v about a week ago.  The car runs pretty good and I'd like to keep it that way.  I was not able to get a maintenance history of the car, but looks well maintained and have found very few issues with it.

  I've read that 16v engines require periodic timing belt changes, so without guessing about the age and mileage of the timing belt, I'll go ahead and replace it.  Is there a recommended brand of timing belt?

  Also, are there any other items I should go ahead and service?

  Here's some pictures of it on cardomain
  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2546399

  Thank You,
  Eric Singer