[ot] video transfer - DVD Ripping & Burning

well you can do what I do with my camcorder. Use a Home model DVD recoder
and hook the camera up to it.  then burn the video on dvd then take the DVD
to the computer and use a freeware program like a older version ov nero
vision to convert it to .mpg format.

Or u can go to best buy, compusa, etc and get a USB video capture unit for
50-70 bucks and do it that way.  and the unit comes with software to do what
you want with it.