[ot] video transfer

Got a dv camcorder?  Some models support pass-through, where the rca's act as input vs. output, and the camcorder encodes the stream
to dv, which in turn is passed to the pc via firewire.

The advantage is that you can apply various filters and such to help clean it up, which will allow it to compress better.  When
authoring the dvd, you have more control over the bitrate, meaning you can likely fit 10 tapes onto one dvd, while keeping similar
vhs quality.

HTH
Al