  From: John S. Lagnese
  To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Monday, January 15, 2007 02:44 PM
  Subject: OT:Stupid football announcers

  Hi,
  Was anyone watching and listening to Joe Buck yesterday? I have always felt
  him to be a stupid repetitve drone, but he edelved new depths yesterday! The
  conversation was going how some Seattle players were using 5/8" cleats
  instead of the usual 1/2". Someone was using 3/4" cleats. Joe, in his
  infinite wisdom said" Troy, you played football, whats longer 5/8" or 3/4"
  cleats." I almost fell out of my chair. I am unhappy when my seventh grade
  students don't understand fractions! This was absurd!
  John