OT:Stupid football announcers

On the other hand there was also
> a question "if you were listening to Old McDonalds Farm with and MP3
> Player it might be called:"  A. E-pod, B. I-pod, C. E-I-E-I-O pod.  One
> person got this wrong.  There is a failing in the American Education
> system somewhere and if you don't see this as being a prime example of
> that then maybe that education system failed you.

Well, an iPod is essential to the school learning environment <yeah, to
tune out the teacher>, I've seen them marketed as "Back to school
supplies". I often do informal surveys with my students and more kids
generally have cell phones and/or iPods than have writing equipment. Maybe
I'm just too old fashioned, but I kinda think they should have pen and
paper too. These kids will have to have all the delights offered by Circuit
City, but will not have the income to support the habit currently fed by
their parents.
Cathy