  From: Jim R
  To: julie@menloparkrandd.com ; Org, Scirocco
  Sent: Monday, January 15, 2007 12:16 PM
  Subject: RE: Of Batteries and Alternators....

  Argh...you hit a nerve.
  I'm spiffing up the wiring in my 87, cutting out brittle wiring and replacing.  The sender wiring insulation is all cracked and I found that the distributor connection had a masking taped, unsoldered, hand-twisted splice!  The batt to alt cable is in fine shape, it's just that the sheathing was brittle.  I have new nylon sheathing (black, instead of tan, but otherwise very OEM-looking) and can't fit both the cable and blue exciter wire inside of the sheathing...argh.  I wanted this to be easy and clean....oh well.