Of Batteries and Alternators....

Argh...you hit a nerve.
I'm spiffing up the wiring in my 87, cutting out brittle wiring and replacing.  The sender wiring insulation is all cracked and I found that the distributor connection had a masking taped, unsoldered, hand-twisted splice!  The batt to alt cable is in fine shape, it's just that the sheathing was brittle.  I have new nylon sheathing (black, instead of tan, but otherwise very OEM-looking) and can't fit both the cable and blue exciter wire inside of the sheathing...argh.  I wanted this to be easy and clean....oh well.