Of Batteries and Alternators....

Symptoms. Some mornings there would be no power to start the car. I'd charge the car up and it would run fine for a week or 2. Then... Dead again.
Replaced the battery. Must be an old one I thought. A few weeks later. Dead again. So I took to keeping a jumper Battery in the car "just incase".

Tired of the bug, I went to the local parts store to check the alt. "Hummm. (he said) 12.5v at the battery. Bad Alt". Sooo. grab another, and a new cable and off to the garage in a ice storm.

**** remember to remove the neg terminal before Alt work. Unless you want to weld *****

I replaced the Alt, then started to replace the cable. The Walmart cable, I replaced 2 years ago was rusted. Not just corroded, but heavy rust.

So now with a new battery and Alt (under warrantee) the car charges properly. The ice strom left4 mm of lick ice over every thing. Looked beautiful, till the 2 hour power outage. GACK! NO INTERNET!