And now, for something completely different... Scirocco content? :)

--- Drew Mac <drew@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:

> I was trying to demonstrate to Daun that Carrots had at
> least 3
> different sprays (hood, driver's door and the rest of the
> car) and
> wouldn't all come up to the same shiny Mars with his
> rubbing compound.
> He balked at the door though... :)

Blah blah blah.  I really think a faded Mars Red is ugly.
Shine it up a bit 'eh?

> > this year. And seems to me Drew also had the oil pan
> off of that gasser
> > while Carrots was getting assaulted with the compound.
> >
> Oh, I so forgot about that little surgery - I was up to
> the elbows in
> both ends of that motor that afternoon - what blows my
> mind is that the
> damned engine is still running... :)

Well, it is.  Actually, it saw a couple of 6k rpm shifts as
recently as last night.

  I wonder, did we
> ever save that
> foreign object that was lodged under the number 4 rod
> bearing cap?  Unreal.

Nope, we didn't.  I tell ya, the JH is a tough 'ol engine.
And if / when this one does finally puke, there's a pretty
3A waiting to go in.

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 Scirocco (For Sale)      '81 Scirocco S (Dieter)
'86 Scirocco 8v              '88 Scirocco 16v
'88 Scirocco Slegato (Gino!) '96 Passat GLX Wagon
'56 Cessna 172

TV dinner still cooling?
http://tv.yahoo.com/