And now, for something completely different... Scirocco content? :)

The 87 has turned out to be more needy than its 8V predecessor.  Still on
the list:

Fix valve cover and cam seal leaks
Replace oil cooler gaskets
Install stock cams and save the Autotech cams for the 88
Remove ignition lock and take it to a locksmith to get some proper keys made
(all the keys I have are WAY worn
Fix front leak (flowable silicone behind windshield seal?)
Replace roof antenna and gasket
Possibly replace passenger side motor mount
More paint restoration (clab bar and hand rubbing)
Remove dash and tie down wiring and other sources of rattling
Rear brakes - new discs, bearings and pads
Install lowering spring caps and cut a reweld lower front perches a bit
lower
Replace most of the crusty wiring on the driver's side of the block - check
thermotime switch if cleaning up the wiring doesn't fix cold start
stubborness
Noodle with the timing
Put some brighter headlights in it
Install more sound dampening material
Install speakers in the rear side panels (modify panels) and install an amp
to power them
Noodle with my zinc plating/yellow chromate dye equipment and start
restoring stuff on the 88

That's all I can think of for now.
Jim