  From: David Brown
  To: scirocco scirocco
  Sent: Monday, January 01, 2007 9:17 PM
  Subject: Valve tool 541/1 for 16v's???

  Ok who's got a "modified" setup for pulling valves out of a 16v head?

  I pulled my 16V head apart tonight.  Interesting setup on the distributor. Never had one apart before...Anyway I had a spring puller tool for a chevy in my tool box, but when I got in the VW head I discovered they put them way down in those little holes. 8-(.  So I pull out my Bently and they tell me I need to have these "special tools" or have a qualified VW service center take care of it. "RIGHT"

  My goal is to break the head down for a good cleaning then storage for later.

  BTW the cam shafts that came out of it were 029 or 027 stamped with a W or M on one. Are those the stock 16v Cam's that came in them?

  Thanks
  David