fuck!!!!

On 2/25/07, Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Probably the best solution, rather than a full rebuild of
> the JH would be a 2.0 8v engine (ABA or 3A).  There are
> numerous posts and threads about this, do a little
> searching to help figure it out.  It's fairly drop-in, but
> there are a few changes to be made.

I second the 2.0L ABA suggestion.  I've done a few ABA/JH swaps, and
owned a couple full ABA swapped Sciroccos and they've all been a hoot
to drive.  IMHO don't waste your money rebuilding your engine - you
can pick up low mileage ABA engines from $350-$600ish all day long
from wreckers (try to get the stronger OBD1 93-95 engine).  Buy a
rebuilt JH head (they pop up on <www.vwvortex.com> forums quite
often), or rebuild yours if that's what you have, and slap it on the
ABA block.  Techtonics sells all the parts you'll need for the swap
(including a freeze-plug, distributor adapter & gear, and downpipe).
I also recommend swapping in a knock sensing ignition from an HT/RD
code 1.8 8V (from early A2 GTI/GLI's), but it's not absolutely
necessary if you set your ignition timing conservatively (around 6?
btdc) and run 91+ octane.  The 2.0L is a lot of fun in a 2000lb. car.

As Daun mentioned there's a lot of info out there on this swap (both
in the <www.scirocco.org> archives, and the vortex forums), but feel
free to shoot me any questions you may have...

Later,

Mark.
75
82