fuck!!!!

Gentle suggestion:  Punctuation.  It REALLY helps the rest
of us figure out what you're trying to say.

Answers within...

--- levi perkins <subawrxsti@yahoo.com> wrote:

he had
> left the resivor cap off and blew a head gasket and i
> think that the head is cracked

Hard to say without pulling it all apart and having a look.
 Most likely though you have warped the head pretty good.

 but luckly he was driveing
> so i get a rebiuld engine for nothing but i was wondering
> about what it cost to completely rebuild a 8v solid
> lifter

Not real sure.  You may be able to get away with a "new"
head and head gasket.

  with everthing  balecing blue printing everthing
> or would it be more worth my while  to by a used 16v and
> swap it in?

Probably the best solution, rather than a full rebuild of
the JH would be a 2.0 8v engine (ABA or 3A).  There are
numerous posts and threads about this, do a little
searching to help figure it out.  It's fairly drop-in, but
there are a few changes to be made.

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S (Deiter)       '86 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco Slegato (Gino!)  '88 Scirocco 16v
'96 Passat GLX Wagon          '56 Cessna 172

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.