Bilstein struts n shocks?

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 22:39:38 -0500, "David Brown"
<sharpshooter33@adelphia.net> wrote:

>I'm thinking of putting some Bilsteins on my 86 Jetta GLI?
>
>I'm looking for a tight ride.  Upgrading the car slowly and this year I think it's gonna get some suspension work done. I have a upper tie bar to install also.
>
>Anybody got any input on the best bang for the $$$ on struts n shocks?
>
>Right now I'm toying with either HD or Sports.  I've got stock springs for now with no added stiffness underneath or in back.  Riding like a boat now though so the shocks n struts gotta go this year. 8-)

I'm a big fan of Bilsteins, even though my Scirocco runs on Konis.  I
bought Bilstein HDs for wifes Benz and they are still performing as
new after well over 100k miles.  Same high mileage and experience with
my Ranger pickup.  I recently drove a similar vehicle to my pickup
with only 30k on the OEM shocks and the difference in stability was
very apparent.  I've read that Bilstein claims their shocks perform at
95% efficiency after 100k miles and my experience is that it's true.

Gordon
75 Mk I/Drake 1.9