Coolant leak

On 2/18/07, Peter <peter@thescirocco.com> wrote:

> You don't put anything on rubber gaskets.
> To re-use a rubber gasket you de-grease it by removing any oil.

That is what the instructions said that came with the gasket.  I always wipe
a thin layer of oil on the rubber seal of my oil filters prior to
instalation.

Did you use shoulderless studs? The regular valvecover studs will not work
> with the rubber gasket.

Aha, I knew there was a reason for the catastrophic failure.  Just like my
local import shop to give me half assed information.  Should have asked the
list for the proper procedure first.  Those guys manage to fuck me every
time I go there.

--
Gordy
MK1 x 4