020/02A differences?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nate Mellom" <doubt@inwave.com>

> What are the major differences between 020 and 02A trannies?  If I
> remember right, O2A is cable shift?

Yup...

> Bellhousing?  Transmission mounts?

A little different, the mounts are different, but it bolts right up to the
engine with an 02A clutch and flywheel.

>  Can an 02A be adapted to A1/A2 applications?
> Thanks!
> Nate

4 cyl 02A:

A1, yes, but not exactly easy... The biggest problem are the mounts, and the
clutch activation, but the mounts are available, and there's a Eurovan cable
clutch actuator, so it doesn't have to be hydraulic. The shift cables can be
swapped over, after you clearance the tube to accept the shift-box.

A2, it's almost a bolt-on swap.

02A's and 02J's share most parts, but the cases and mounts are totally
different.

Peter - 302.832.8989
http://thescirocco.com