Bought an engine!!!

Oh boy!  *insert maniacal laughter here*  Just dropped what was left on my credit to a low-milage ALH TDI engine from an 02 Jetta, and a low-milage 02J TDI 5-speed transmission from an 01 Jetta.  I will put up pictures somewhere when it comes in.  Then the frenzy will begin to have it running by Cincy this spring.  I'm giddy with excitement just thinking about it.  The timing actually couldnt be better, as I just broke up with my girlfriend of 6 years last weekend.  Sort of a morale booster to buy the most expensive toy for a car that I've ever bought.  :)  (including 6 times what I payed for the car!!) The plan, which I call "Phase 1"  (yeah, I'm out of creativity at this point) is as follows:

1.  Get the engine/tranny physically mounted in the car.
2.  Get cable shifter hooked up, all "OEM" style.
3.  Try and find the cable-clutch kit for 02A/02J and get 'er done.  (starting to be unobtanium?)
4.  Get some sort of mechanical injection pump setup going.
5.  Either replace the turbo/manifold with an older style T-3, or adapt the VNT mechanism to be run mechanically.
6.  I should be able to fabricate an intake manifold by then... maybe....

Sounds easy enough, right?????!!!!?!?!??!?!

Phase 2, will probably be a next winter thing, (or maybe this summer if things go well) which will involve suspension and interior, and possibly bodywork/paint.  Also a complete re-wire, by removing ALL of the factory stuff, from bumper to bumper.  So at Cincy this year, she will look the same with the exception of my nice "SCIROCCO" rear decal, thanks to Cathy, and my euro-rear bumper.

Phase 3, will be the engine teardown/rebuild with the goal of a very large HP number.  *maniacal laughter again*

What'cha all think?

Brendan
84 Scirocco 8v  <--- TDI in the works!!
01 Jeep TJ 4.0