differential took a poop

--- levi perkins <subawrxsti@yahoo.com> wrote:

> my diff just went out today

Ok, so what exactly happened?  Usually when the diff goes
in these transaxles, it makes a spectacular hole in the
case.

If you don't have a hole, then I would strongly suspect a
CV.

i was
> wondering how much it was going to cost and and maybe
> anything else that i should do while the car is down and
> the tranny is out? im on a low buget for one any help?

The only thing you can do in the case of a hole is to
replace the transaxle.  Well, I guess the old one might
make a nice paperweight....

Keep us updated.

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S (Deiter)       '86 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco Slegato (Gino!)  '88 Scirocco 16v
'96 Passat GLX Wagon          '56 Cessna 172