differential took a poop

> Daun Yeagley wrote:
>
> The only thing you can do in the case of a hole is to
> replace the transaxle.  Well, I guess the old one might
> make a nice paperweight....

Or it makes a great Christmas gift. We kept the diff bits from the PT, (and
it grenaded in a very spectacular fashion I might add), and encased them in
a clear heart shaped box. They're given to the family member with the worst
mechanical luck for the year. But our family's wierd that way.

As for VWs? Yeah, the ones I've seen with dead diffs have been pretty
obviously dead.
Cathy