OT: Media player?

Hi Greg,

  I can't say for sure if this will fix things, but this was something I found on the web related to your Netflix issue:

  -=Mark

            Re: Video Issues

I feel like beating my head against a wall till it's bloody. Ok final post, cause I'm so over TNT and The Closer. All this futzing around with DMR and whatever has resulted in my being unable to watch Netflix. After speaking with them - yeah a real live person! - the tech told me to try shut down everything reboot and open IE as an administrator (right click) and go to the Microsoft site and do the security upgrade thing. Close IE, then 1) Windows Media Player as administrator (right click) and then to open IE as administrator (right click) and go to the Nextflix - things worked beautifully.

Back to the TnT site - surprise surprise I now get the DRM error though of course I just fixed it for all my other programs! I won't muck about with it again - honestly I'll wait for The Closer to come out on DVD. There is no real person to talk with about this issue and I'm just done. By the way - if you have Vista did you know that the DRM file could be in one of (count them) 13 places?

Between Microsoft and TnT's lack of communication and help I'm well and truly screwed when it comes to watching online. So be it.

Greg Pallett <greg.rocco@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Preface: I really don't know isht about computers. As long as I can
send/recieve email & surf the web I'm good.

However, My windows media player 11 has stopped playing DVD's.
It used to play them just fine. THen when I started NetFlix it wouldn't
play those; but now it won't play any. Neither will WMP 10 on my laptop.

Can anyone suggest a suitable free downloadable DVD player program? I've got
this lovely 19" flat panel monitor that would make a great movie screen in
my office...

(Or is there some patch or update I need to find?)

Thanks.

GP

--
"Fatal mistakes rarely happen, but funny things often do"