OT: Media player?

Preface: I really don't know isht about computers.  As long as I can
send/recieve email & surf the web I'm good.

However, My windows media player 11 has stopped playing DVD's.
It used to play them just fine.  THen when I started NetFlix it wouldn't
play those; but now it won't play any.  Neither will WMP 10 on my laptop.

Can anyone suggest a suitable free downloadable DVD player program? I've got
this lovely 19" flat panel monitor that would make a great movie screen in
my office...

(Or is there some patch or update I need to find?)

Thanks.

GP

--
"Fatal mistakes rarely happen, but funny things often do"