Oh Canada

This weekend marks the second one in a row where I have met someone from
the list.  Three years: nothing, then Bam! twice in a row.  Maybe you
remember Larry from Winnipeg with the huggably timid Arctic Blue 87 16V
from about a month ago?  I successfully failed to slam his head under a
hood or vomit on him much to the chagrin of my reputation.

He's keeping the car stock and he wanted to know if we had any stores
down here in his nearest US big city to buy a muffler for cheap while he
used our airport.  We do but it's still cheaper to buy online.  Which
you guys and gals can't do as easily.

It would be one thing if it was a tax (I'd pay it) but it sounds like an
arbitrary figure from customs with another one lopped on top of it by
UPS for "handling" the customs.  No fair.  I get it shipped free with no
tax since it is from out-of-state.

So I pushed a button and a naked Bosal muffler appeared on my doorstep a
few days later.  Those 16V units are big and funny-looking.  Like a
robot baby with little hanger arms and two dancing legs on the bottom.
We found googly eyes to attach to the noggin stub.  I have pictures of
the transaction but I will wait until Larry gets back from his vacation
to put them up.  I told him you are all evil but he may come back anyway.

I asked him to scare up some loon jerky or moose nut butter in addition
to greenbacks but all he could muster was Tim Horton's coffee.  I don't
need any gay marriages this month so that was the best he could do to
deliver a little slice of Canada to me.

He saved 50% off of the price at NAPA and the funniest part was where
the muffler was made...in Canada.  In short, let me thank all of the
Canadians for being so quick to forgive my trespasses and foibles and
laugh at my queer jokes.  You lot are all right.  I will do what I can
to make your country better if you promise to reciprocate.