[OT] MkIV window warranty

This weekend the wife complained that the driver's window in her 2000
TDI fell down in the hole.  "That happens," I said.  "Let me just get
online for a second...."  The borrowed wi-fi coughed up about three
pages an hour but I was able to find the info.

Turns out that she took delivery September, 14 2000 so we just made it
under the wire of the 7 year warranty extension for that problem.  The
dealer ran the VIN and said it was covered so I brought it in today and
they fixed it for zero dollars.  They even retrofitted the other side
with "super clips" so that doesn't break later.  No sweat whatsoever, no
haggling, no delay, done while I waited.  Washed.  Thanks, VAG.

Score!  Major MacGyver points and multiple kisses for me without even
breaking out a screwdriver.  The Service Agent told me to sell the car
for big bucks since it had such low miles (35K), but I said there was no
way we were letting go of Turby, he is too much of a family member.  We
can forgive the smelly farts.