RV engine question

 Jason, did you get those numbers on an RV engine? And if so how did you lower the compression?

  1) I am missing a piece of the information and conpletly showing my ignorance?
  2) The pistons on any engine determine the compression ratio?
  3) The RV engine is a high compression engine?
  4) How to make this $50 engine become a boosted engine?
  5) I should buy it and wait to transplant it to a Digifant Vanagon?

  Thanks,
  El T

Verboten1 <verboten1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    with 15PSI on CIS i was running a 7.8:1 compression ratio

  the RV IIRC is 10:1, and the pistons are different to get the higher compression ration

  On 8/24/07, Neptuno <neptunonc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:   So chenging the heads to a Solid lifeter CIS head from a JH block will not drop the compression?..... So In the long wrong the issues is that a lower compression ratio is needed for boost. And that this engine may not be a good candidate? kinda of a pickle that only cost $50 bucks.

EL T

Timbo <timjmcconnell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You should be good with that! Try to get a knock sensing ignition for
it though- the reason it has more power is because there's more
compression.