RV engine question

Engine info found here http://www.autotech.com/appchart.htm

Definition of compression ratio (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compression_ratio)
The *compression ratio* is a single number that can be used to predict the
performance of any engine (such as an internal-combustion
engine<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internal-combustion_engine>or a
Stirling
Engine <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stirling_Engine>).  It is the
ratio<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratio>between the volume of the
cylinder <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cylinder_%28engine%29>, when the
piston <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piston> is at the bottom of its
stroke<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stroke_%28engines%29>,
and the volume when the piston is at the top of its stroke. A high
compression ratio allows an engine to extract more mechanical energy from a
given mass of air-fuel mixture due to its higher thermal efficiency. High
ratios place increased oxygen and fuel molecules into a reduced space; thus,
they allow increased power at the moment of ignition and the extraction of
more useful work from that power by expanding the hot gas to a greater
degree. Higher compression ratios, however, also make engine
knocking<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine_knocking>,
also known as detonation or
pre-ignition<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-ignition>,
more likely and this can reduce an engine's efficiency and even physically
damage it.

I know stacking or thicker head gaskets can lower the compression ratio but
do not know if it can hold the extra pressure the turbo creates.  I would
buy it to just have around as a spare.

--
Gordy
MK1 x 5