Rear Shocks

----- Original Message ----
From: LEF <rocco16@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Peter <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; scirocco-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, August 19, 2007 10:46:36 PM
Subject: Re: Rear Shocks

>It is nice.

>You forgot to apply the heat and the patience. :)

>If you're trying to tell me you can cut, with a Dremel, an 8mm
>bolt...twice...in 20 minutes,  then I have to say "Right."

I dunno about you, but with a cheap electric grinder I could probably cut the whole rear axle in half in 20 minutes.  :P

>Finally defeating a stubborn bolt on it's own terms is worth the time...to
>me

Ever worked on a Honda?  A buddy had a 98 Si that we were putting springs and control arms on.  EVERY bolt was seized.  I told the guys to cut them.  They did not listen.  After screwing with it for a day, I came back the next day and they had the cutting wheels out.  :P

I guess if you plan ahead on a project and "assume" you will break/cut/torch a bolt or two, makes sense to pick up a few spares before you start.  I like to replace every bolt required for the project when I'm working on these old cars, eventually every bolt on the car will have been replaced that way.  Then, you will end up with a nice box 'o used bolts for when an emergency arises.

Brendan