transmission reassembly!

I get the case halves together as far as they go, then put the bolts in and by progressively
tightening them, get it together.

In doing this, you are pressing the mainshaft bearing back onto the shaft.  So, there will
probably be some stress still in the case and this prevents the shaft from turning freely.  Give
the bearing's inner race a *light* pop with a large socket and it'll snap into place pretty as you
please.

HTH

Ron