Bridge Collapse

On 10:58 pm 08/08/07 Spewey <spewey@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I never lie so don't even bother....
>
> My friend Tina is with the St. Paul Police Dept. and has been
> assigned to bridge collapse duty (even though that is in Minneapolis
> technically) and that means her hours change, get longer, and she is
> out of her element.  Anything you want to say to the heroes still
> working the scene I promise to pass on.  Leave your first name and
> hometown and it may brighten her day.  I will even explain what a
> Scirocco is if enough people contribute.

Well, I've stayed out of the latter (political) part of this discussion,
but continue to find the difference between Canadian and US press coverage
of events to be quite interesting. Here we've heard less about who's at
fault for the collapse than about the horrible nature of it from a human
perspective.

People are still missing, the rescue effort is difficult, time consuming
and frustrating for those involved. Not to mention dangerous. That's what
we hear in the news here. SO here are my feeble good wishes for doing what
is a difficult job, there just is no aspect of something like this that is
easy or pleasant. You're making a difference in the lives of the surviving
relatives, and that's about the best that can be hoped for at this point.
So Tina, chin up, you're helping a lot, even if it leaves you totally
drained at the end of the day.
Cathy, Dunnville Ontario.