OT: TDI tranny (020 diff)

Oh...on the drill front - DON'T let it get smoking hot, give it rest every few seconds (spinning
in air is fine) and lubricate it!!! Liquid Wrench works fine for this (in your environment).

Also, invest in a Drill Doctor (I recommend this to everyone on the list).  Obtain a set of good
grade uncoated HSS (high-speed steel) drills.

There are Drill Doctors all over ebay - check 'em out.

HTH

Ron