laptop mount ...Now a rant...

On 2:05 pm 08/04/07 "Chris Bennett" <scirocco16vr32@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Um... ok....
>
> The ones I am looking at are basically pipe with a platform...
> functional but since I have already sacrificed a 60gb ipod to the
> pagen gawds of A1 chassis vibration and they have not been appeased,
> this doesn't seem like a good solution.
>
> I think I need some form of dampening.

 I have the seat and a bit of shelf liner stuff and that's it, so far the
computer seems to be behaving reasonably well in the car. epends on where
you need to get heat dissipated I suppose too.

> Any ideas?
>
> Cathy what resolution are the photos?  Hi res can get huge--30-50mb
> raw images. Also I use a USB-serial adapter daily without much
> problem.  Some are good most are shit.  This is the one I use and
> have had pretty decent luck with it.

Nope, as I said, resampled, not big, .jpg, same as the other 120 or so I've
done. But not today. The adapter I have I got right from IBM but I have yet
to try it out.

> http://www.iogear.com/main.php?loc=product&Item=GUC232A
>
> I can replace the battery in your ipod easily, or you can get the kit
> and do it for about $35 usd.

Nah, it just needs a charge, which would involve a USB, so so the garage
computer won't cut it. I can deal with that too, not an issue.

> I think I need dessicant in my wallet.

Yeah, butt sweat, that made me laugh. I've been in that sotrt of state too,
it's pretty hot. Topsoil, back out I go, it'sa almost gone...