laptop mount ...Now a rant...

Um... ok....

The ones I am looking at are basically pipe with a platform...
functional but since I have already sacrificed a 60gb ipod to the
pagen gawds of A1 chassis vibration and they have not been appeased,
this doesn't seem like a good solution.

I think I need some form of dampening.

Any ideas?

Cathy what resolution are the photos?  Hi res can get huge--30-50mb raw images.
Also I use a USB-serial adapter daily without much problem.  Some are
good most are shit.  This is the one I use and have had pretty decent
luck with it.

http://www.iogear.com/main.php?loc=product&Item=GUC232A

I can replace the battery in your ipod easily, or you can get the kit
and do it for about $35 usd.

I think I need dessicant in my wallet.

Chris