laptop mount ...Now a rant...

Garrrrghh, don't talk to me about technology today. I'm so fucking sick of
asking machines to do simple tasks that they've done before only to have
them refuse to do so. Riddle me this, why in the hell is it taking like a
half hour to upload my (teensy, resized) photos to my photobucket account?
It never did before. Faster for me to process film in the basement and mail
prints to anyone who might be interested. This is not rocket surgery here
folks.
And the "other" laptop... Yeah, it just will not play music at all on Media
Player. Yeah, that's a challenging task. So I locate the plug in adapter
thing for my discman and fire that up for some tunes??? Yeah, it turns off
after a quick display. Friggin adapter is *just* right to turn the switch
on the power bar OFF. THAT at least I can fix. All this to make moving
topsoil more enjoyable. Batttery on the iPod's dead, or that'd be the
weapon of choice. And Dell gets my passenger seat, unless he's finally
actually died. In which case, wish me luck with Vista and USB-serial
adapter bliss. Yeah, that'll be fucking ugly too. Do not even get me
started on phones.
Cathy