Exhaust questions (paging peter!)

Well, my 16V would NOT pass our ETest without a cat. It depends on the
standards. My son's 5.0L 'stang also did not pass, but when he ran it a few
minutes later on "hot rod" numbers, it passed with flying colours. Mine
would have either high HC and pass NOX (rich) or high NOX (lean) and I sure
couldn't adjust around it. With a WB maybe you could tweak it a bit better,
and on MS it would be easier to control than CIS-E. So Timbo may be okay,
and his engine may be less likely to make NOX than my silver girl. She's
done with that now that she's 20, thank goodness...our three '88s are not
gonna be so lucky, they ETest for life. I hate my birthday.
Cathy