From: Timbo <timjmcconnell@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Scirocco list <Scirocco-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 1, 2007 12:30:28 PM
Subject: Exhaust questions (paging peter!)

I'm pretty I need a new cat, because I've been running my car really
rich for a while (better for engine, worse for the cat!).

The exhaust is going to be a 2" aluminized TT with a resonator, and a
Dynomax. (Got it used, I would have bought a stainless, but hey - this
was cheap!)

Should I get some sort of High-flow cat, or stock? What does the high
flow cat come off of, or where can I get a new one. I need reliability
and the ability to pass emissions first, but if there's no downside to
going high-flow besides cost - I might as well do it.

And, is the TT dual downpipe worth it? I have a stock rabbit dual
manifold, downpipe, and an almost new accordian flexy section. I even
have both brackets!

--Timbo