No New Version of the Scirocco for the States

<snip Cathy>
So yeah, deep-sixxing this may hurt VW sales alright, I'll go outside the
brand next time. (Zoom zoom anyone? I want something light with moderate
power, that may just do it for me, but I have yet to drive one, for fear of
the dark side's lure)
<end snip>

Exiting lurk mode...

Yeah, the reasons stated in the article are lame.  US doesn't like
hatchbacks.  So, uh, what's the GTI?  Oh yeah, it's a trunkless sedan.  VWoA
has been out of touch for awhile now.  This puts an exclamation point on
that.

Cathy, as someone who enjoys a flickable car that relies on handling,
lightness, and moderate power from a high strung four, you're looking at the
wrong marque.  Don't be afraid of the darkside.

Returning to lurk mode...

-Brad
'86 Scirocco 16v

Finally - A spam blocker that actually works.
http://www.bluebottle.com