02j transmission in A1

Bubb probably can chime in for sure...

My friend has a 02J he wants to "get rid of" and I want to know what I need
to do to get it into my 16v.  I have 02A A1 mounts which I am pretty sure
will not work for the 02j (or only the rear mounting bracket will), so I
know i need to fabricate something there.  Will the standard 100mm axels
work?  I don't want to bother swapping in the hydraulic clutch setup and
would rather use a cable and the stock pedal cluster - has anyone done
this?  And finally do I have to get the cable shifter in order for this to
work?

ok that's all :)

koabi