17" rims

> I'm not sure how one comes to this conclusion since tire profile has everything to do with sidewall deflection, and tire (rim)
diameter has virtually nothing.    In fact, the larger diameter wheel (itself) will deflect more for a given loading than will a
smaller diameter wheel, all else being equal.

It's safe to say that even the largest wheels deflection is negligible as compared to the sidewall deflection under cornering.

> You bring up a good point I had forgotten: unsprung and rotating weight.  From what I read, the smaller the wheel diameter,
generally, the less the whole assembly will weigh.  (I get that information from other sources, since I've not had the resources to
purchase and weigh the necessary samplings of various  diameter/material/design/widths stock and aftermarket wheels and the myriad
tires that could be matched up.)

Oh, you're absolutely right on there.  It's a simple matter of there being more wheel / tire there, so it just weighs more.  That is
absolutely a disadvantage, and a big one at that.

I bet I owe you $0.25 by Cincy... You ARE coming this year, arent you, Larry???
Al